Meet Our Parents As Teachers Staff
Smithton School District is proud to inform you of a free and unique program for families who are expecting a child or has a child from birth to age five.
Parents as Teachers is a voluntary and free program that provides practical, effective help for eligible families with children prenatal to age five (not yet enrolled in kindergarten.)
Private visits are provided by a trained parent educator.
Services offered include:
- How to recognize each phase of child development
- Brain based research information
- Fun activities to do with your child to encourage development
- Simple toys to make
- In-home learning activities
- Help with concerns and questions
- Information on popular parenting topics
- Free developmental screenings
If you are interested or if you know of someone who would like to enroll in the P.A.T. program please call (660)343-5317 for more information.