- November 6th: ACT - Deadline to register for December 12 Test
- February 1st: FAFSA - Priority Deadline
- March (date TBD): ACT at Smithton High School
- Aprils 1st: FAFSA Deadline
Explore colleges and careers:
- Virtual College Tours: Tour campuses by entering in their information at Campus Tours or eCampus Tours.
- Missouri Colleges: Search Colleges in Missouri
- Missouri Connections: Career and Occupational Search (Come ask your counselor for your login information)
- MO Apprenticeships: Missouri is ranked 2nd in the nation for new apprenticeships. You can learn while you work.
- College Scorecard: Provided by the U.S. Department of Education. Use this to see how college's score based upon your potential degree (technical, 2 or 4-year degree) and major.
- ACT Academy: Free ACT Test Prep with customized study guides to give you practice questions and tips for the ACT. If you have already taken the ACT once, enter your scores and the ACT Academy will customize the questions for you.
- Varsity Tutors: A new FREE Resource for ACT prep.
- ACT Scholarship: Eligible sophomores, juniors and seniors who register for the ACT test between dates TBA are automatically entered to win.
- Search Majors and Careers: Browse major and career profiles using the categories below, or use the tools on the right to search by keyword or interest.
- MERIC (Missouri Economic and Research Information Center): See where the jobs are.
- Marine Corp Programs: There are many things the Marine Corps can provide to schools and the local community that do not require commitment to serve from any student. To check out more about their awards programs for students, educator workshops, and leadership cohesion exercises for sports teams, check here.
- University Headquarters: Explore top rated colleges, scholarships, potential salaries and careers here.
Resources for parents and students
LS CARES Resources:
- Motivation: Explore why your child's motivation levels may be low during this time of COVID-19 and beyond, and learn about ways to help them increase their motivation.
- Power of Parents: This program empowers parents of middle and high school students to have ongoing, intentional conversations about the dangers and consequences of underage drinking.
- Talking to Your Kids About Difficult Subjects: Learn how to guide your children through difficult situations and address tough topics such as death, divorce, racism, natural disasters, etc.
- Back to School Success: Setting the Stage for a Great School Year: Topics include back to school anxiety, maintaining student motivation regardless of the learning platform and how to help children succeed in school.
- Keeping the Peace in Your Home: Join us for an online class about keeping the peace in your home - especially challenging while we spend more time at home.
- Family Teamwork: Learn strategies and techniques to get your child to help with chores.
- Creative Ways to Respond to "I'm Bored!": Stress-reducing ways parents can respond when their kids say "I'm bored!"
- Flattening the Stress Curve: Join Love and Logic Facilitator Kerri Gray as she discusses how parents can lower stress in themselves and their families.
- Helping Your Family Adapt to Change: How change impacts you and your family, especially during times of crisis. Learn specific strategies and techniques for responding and adjusting to change.
- Introduction to Mindfulness: Learn a few practices that can help you live a more meaningful life! Applications for both adults and youth will be shared.
- Helping Children Cope From Changes Related to COVID
- Helping Children Cope with Trauma
- Mike Smith video: Rooted in Love
- Bedtime Stress & COVID: 19 Wellness Tools For Kids